NICE guideline for Adults in Care Homes
In February 2021 the National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (NICE) have produced a guideline for keeping adults in care homes safe from abuse and neglect.
It includes potential indicators of abuse and neglect by individuals or organisations, and covers the safeguarding process from when a concern is first identified through to section 42 safeguarding enquiries.
There are recommendations on policy, training, and care home culture, to improve care home staff awareness of safeguarding and ensure people can report concerns when needed.
The guideline includes the following recommendations:
- induction and training
- care home culture and management
- indicators of individual abuse and neglect
- immediate actions to take if you consider or suspect abuse or neglect
- how care home safeguarding leads and local authorities should respond to reports of abuse or neglect
- indicators of organisational abuse and neglect
The full guideline can be viewed on here
Details of all the latest news from Salford Safeguarding Adults Board.